13/03/2013

My current thoughts ..

Recently I watched the documentary - Vogue in the editor's eye - and It really got me thinking . I've always wanted to pursue a career in fashion designing , but after watching this documentary , it inspired me to consider whether I wanted to pursue a more editorial career. Styling the photo shoots and choosing trends is the aspect I'd love to do rather than the writing. This makes me very wary of pursuing that career because what i'd like to do, is rather specific. The documentary was fascinating and portrayed a side of the fashion industry which you would expect to be fairly snobby , to be a more family like . The challenges and creativity these women showed was endearing , plus the history and development of Vogue was really interesting. There was also a little mentioned about Marilyn Monroe which was both very intriguing but also a little sad because photos were shown which had been taken a month before her death and weren't even published before her death... Anyways definitely something worth watching , even if it has made me consider my ambitions !

No comments:

Post a Comment