07/11/2012

Harajuku Lovers

I'm still loving Gwen Stefani's Harajuku style from 2005 ! I love her albums Love,Angel,Music, Baby and The Sweet Escape ! I generally just love the whole concept of Kawaii , Lolita etc ! For my GCSE textiles project , i made a blazer incorporating a combination of the different aspects of Harajuku , but i also added some of my own style , like paint splatters ! Anyways back to the point , I love Gwen Stefani's perfumes which they have unfortunately  stopped selling in my local Debenhams !
 I think she's stopped selling them now because she's back with No Doubt , but personally the whole concept of the Kawaii was AMAZING (insert another long stream of adjectives) . I do understand that times of moved forward and every musical artist tries to have the outrageous outfit ! BUT GWEN WAS DOING THIS A LONG TIME AGO ! She was pushing the boundaries , introducing an eastern sub-culture to the west and doing her own thing 7 years ago ! For that she deserves a crown ! Plus she is extremely beautiful - ( imagine looking like her ?) ! She should totally bring out a red lipstick range .. it's her signature !


The mighty G.

No comments:

Post a Comment